Thursday, February 18, 2010

Orange-Pinneapple-Raspberry Sherbet


This recipe comes from Prudence Pennywise in May 2008.  I have the claim to fame that I used to live next door to her youngest sister when they first moved to Utah.  I got lots of the family recipes, then lost them all, much to my dismay, before I had a chance to try them.  The whole family is very talented.

The sherbet gets icy - more the longer it waits - but it is SO easy that I don't mind.  Just think italian ice, not ice cream.   It fits two batches in my Cuisinart pre-freeze ice cream maker bowl, so I make it twice and eat it fresh.  Here is her site but in case you can't find the recipe:

Orange-Pineapple-Raspberry Sherbet
1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
4 cups orange soda
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juices
1 small banana, chopped
1 and 1/2 cups frozen rasberries, slightly crushed

In a large bowl, stir together milk, soda, and pineapple. Process in ice cream maker until almost set; add in banana and raspberries. Freeze until serving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment