Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oreo Cookies


This recipe comes with a short story.  I had tried chocolate chip cookies in a pie pan (for a bar cookie...it didn't work) and happened to have it with me while I was studying for my spring term class 5 years ago.  I remember we were doing homework at the whiteboard - a typical engineer's setting - and I shared it with my study buddy.  The next day in class, a bag of these oreo cookies plopped on my desk in return.  I think that's when I figured he must like me.  They were marvelous and amazing.  Later we got married I adopted this recipe as my own.  I understand now why it's a good recipe for a guy: with 3 ingredients and one is a cake mix, you can't go wrong!
Easy Oreo Cookies

1 box milk chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
2/3 c. shortening

Filling
2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 TBSP margarine
1 tsp vanilla

Mix cookie dough and form VERY small drop cookies with them.  Cook on a light cookie sheet for exactly 8 minutes at 375 degrees.  Cool on wire rack before frosting.  Keep in an airtight container and the next day the frosting will be harder and the cookies will be softer.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment